Cox Automotive Makes Bold Move with Subscription Services

Mobility Solutions Group leadership team on CBT News

CBT Automotive is speaking today with Cox Automotive members: Joe George, president of Mobility Solutions, David Liniado, vice president of New Growth and Development, and Vince Zappa, president of Clutch Technologies to discuss the future of the automotive industry, and find out what consumers really want.

Cox Automotive is expanding their business model to include a new branch of the automotive industry, vehicle subscription services. By acquiring Clutch Technologies and entering a joint-venture with Holman Automotive to bolster Flexdrive, Cox is taking advantage of subscription trends and the enormous, digital space that they provide.

These subscriptions allow for more flexibility, and a consumer focused experience. Vince poses the question, “Why can’t your car match your life?” The service is designed to find that perfect car to match your every need, and with Cox’s many resources and solid platform, this alternative to ownership is gaining in popularity. While David is quick to point out that car ownership is not going away, the average consumer is only using their vehicle 4 percent of the time. That leaves an enormous opportunity to unlock the remaining 96 percent simply by analyzing changing preferences, and shifting consumer experience.

Joe elaborates on another alternative to car ownership, ride sharing services. With subscriptions like Clutch and Flexdrive, Cox Mobility Solutions is engaging and supporting these services by giving drivers access to vehicles, providing repairs, and keeping cars clean with the ultimate goal to, as Joe puts it, “Enable the car dealer to become a transportation retailer of the future, not just a product retailer.”

Source: Cox Automotive

Get RMS Automotive updates sent direct to your inbox