We, RMS Automotive is a part of the Cox Automotive group of companies whose registered address is Central House, Leeds Road, Rothwell, Leeds, LS26 0JE, United Kingdom take the protection of your personal data seriously, including implementing all reasonable steps to comply with applicable data protection laws. The following explanation provides an overview of the information collected on this website, including information which may constitute your personal data.
For the purposes of applicable data protection law, RMS is the controller of any personal data collected from you on this website.
Information collected automatically on this website
We collect and automatically store information in our server log files, which we receive from your browser. This includes:
- Bowser type and version
- The operating system used
- Resolution and color depth settings
- Referral URL (the previous webpage visited, if applicable)
- Host name/IP address of the accessing computer
- Time and date of the server request
Information you provide
In using our website, you may voluntarily provide personal data to us in the following ways:
- by filling in forms on our website (for example, our ‘Sign up for updates directly into your inbox’ form); or
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise using the contact details provided on our website.
Typically, the personal data you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and any personal details required to resolve your inquiry or complaint.
Use of personal data
The following is an overview of our purposes for using your personal data. Please remember that additional information may be provided to you in a separate notice from time to time.
All processing (i.e. use) of your personal data is justified by a “lawful basis” for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- you have consented to the processing (e.g. where you sign up to email updates);
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation; or
- the processing is in our legitimate commercial interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights (e.g. our use of analytics technologies as described below).
We use the personal data we collect to:
- improve our website and services generally;
- customize our website to users’ needs;
- correspond with users to resolve their queries or complaints;
- provide you with any services you request; and
- send you marketing communications (i.e. our email updates), where it is lawful for us to do so.
Disclosure of personal data
RMS is part of the Cox Automotive global group of companies, and from time to time it will be necessary to pass your information between our overseas offices and our affiliated businesses. We may also appoint third party service providers (who will operate under our instructions) to assist us in providing information or services to you or to manage and improve the website, and these third parties may need access to your personal data.
In relation to both internal transfers and the use of service providers, if personal data is transferred outside the EEA we will take steps to ensure that the information receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EEA, including by entering into data transfer agreements, using the EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or by relying on certification schemes such as the EU – US Privacy Shield. You have a right to details of the mechanism under which your data is transferred outside of the EEA.
We may share your personal data with third parties if we, or substantially all of our or the relevant affiliated company’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our users may be one of the transferred assets.
We will also respond to requests for information where required by to do so by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on us.
Cookies and related technology
Our specific uses of cookies and related technology are as follows:
|Name||What does it do?||How can I find out more?|
|Google Analytics||This allows our customers to measure how you interact with the content on their websites, for example, what pages you click on, what you look at on a page. Further information about Google Analytics is provided below.||Google Analytics Cookie Information|
More Information about Google Analytics
Please see the Terms and Conditions of Google as found under: http://www.google.com/analytics/de-DE/tox.html
The collection of data and storage can be objected to at any point in time http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
We use data storage and security techniques to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, it is important to remember that no website can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
Retention of your Information
We apply a general rule of keeping personal data only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal data for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements. In specific circumstances we may also retain your personal data for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
This website may contain links to third party sites. Since RMS does not control nor is responsible for the privacy practices of those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites. This policy applies solely to personal data collected by our websites.
Subject to applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal data:
- to obtain a copy of your personal data together with information about how and on what basis that personal data is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal data (including the right to have incomplete personal data completed);
- to erase your personal data (in limited circumstances, where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed);
- to restrict processing of your personal data where:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested;
- the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal data;
- we no longer require the personal data but it is still required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- to challenge processing which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest (as opposed to your consent, or to perform a contract with you);
- to prevent us from sending you direct marketing;
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (where that processing is based on your consent); and
- to obtain, or see a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which your personal data is transferred to a third country.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
In relation to all of these rights, please contact us using the details given below. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavour to respond to your requests within all applicable timeframes.
.Your trust is very important to us. If you have questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org